U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Fort Lauderdale, FL
A 67-year-old male asked:

With the same experience of crown lengthenings performed, is an oral/maxillofacial surg. or a periodontist (both board certified) the better choice?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial 46 years experience
Either, but: Either can do a great job. Ask your general dentist, he/ she has likely referred to other dentists for this procedure and knows the best surgeon for this operation.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 37 years experience
Periodontist #1: Crown lengthening is generally performed in order to improve the health of the gum tissue, thus the periodontist is #1 choice.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 27-year-old male asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 42-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 45-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 47-year-old member asked:
3 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Last updated Aug 15, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.