United Kingdom

I have recently had an alloderm gum graft two weeks ago. there was a white substance up to the tooth which fell of yesterday. has my graft fallen off?

Dr. Edwin Ishoo
undefined 28 years experience
Gum graft : Your oral surgeons needs to examine you to determine if you are healing normally.
Dr. Allan Hawryluk
Dentistry 19 years experience
Alloderm: The white substance is the alloderm and it is quite common for some of it to become exposed during the healing process. It is possible that the excess has sloughed off which could be fine. It is also possible you have lost the whole graft. I would recommend you consult with your dentist as soon as possible

Last updated Jan 26, 2021