VA

for the past 6 months my bun has been normal and my creatitine (blood test) has been very low. what does this mean?

Dr. Roy Arnold
Not significant: A low serum creatinine is probably not clinically significant and may depend on the lab method being used and your protein intake from meat. Serum creatinine measures the efficiency of your kidneys in removing metabolic waste.
Dr. Ratna Dhingra
?low protein diet: are you on a low protein diet--that could do it.
Dr. John Leander Po
Infectious Disease 18 years experience
Not much-: An important thing to remember is that lab results are not useful unless there is a clinical context. Advice is based on focusing on the patient, not the numbers. Though you mention the BUN and Creatinine as being "very low",where there symptoms when labs were drawn? Why were they drawn in the first place? Without this context, it is best to ask your doctor what the results mean.