India
A 19-year-old male asked about a 42-year-old male:

After taking homeopathic medicine...my gout pain stopped but swelling still there..does it mean it has cured or still should i continue restricteddiet?

Dr. Philip Schwarzman
Emergency Medicine 45 years experience
Not Cured: Keep on your diet. Homeopathjc meds are of questionable value.The pain of acute can gout can be severe but if it works for you,no harm.
Dr. Robert Rosenstein
Podiatry 43 years experience
Gout: I want you to know that you have gout. You need to watch your diet. Taking homeopathic medicine is a great way to help control your gout. But cheating at your diet can bring on an attack. You need to see your Primary care and get a gout diet, so you know what you can eat or what you can eat in moderation to prevent an attack. Good luck.
Dr. Stanley Ling
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Diet: Definitely stay on the diet low on purines. Check online for purine rich foods. The homeopathic medication that you are taking may just be a pain medication but not an anti-inflammatory one thus the pain has subsided but the swelling persist.
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine 41 years experience
Continue diet: As a homeopath I'm happy (and not surprised) to hear that homeopathy has helped your pain but it's far too early to say it's cured,especially if swelling persists. As wonderful as homeopathy is, it may not be possible to totally cure gout & you should maintain dietary restrictions (& allopurinol) for now.If swelling goes down & you remain symptom-free you can experiment with broadening your diet.
Last updated Mar 14, 2015