Question about sleep and health ?

7 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

Common question: As always, appropriate diet, exercise and an appropriate search for happiness. Not always easy to find in the rush and bustle of our modern world. We often survive rather than live.

Answered 9/25/2013

5.9k views

Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Good sleep is needed: For good health. 1. Keep regular bed & wakening time (includes weekends). Get up same time daily. 2. Make a regular, relaxing bedtime routine: warm bath or shower, aromatherapy, reading, or listening to gentle music. 3. Sleep in dark, quiet, cool room w comfortable mattress & pillows. 4. Use bedroom only for sleep & sex. Put work materials, computers, & tvs in another room. 5. Finish eating.

Answered 9/25/2013

4.9k views

Dr. Valerie Cacho answered

Specializes in Sleep Medicine

Sleep symptoms: Sleep is vital for health and wellness! If you snore or stop breathing a sleep study is recommended to check for sleep apnea. If you have sleep deprivation or insomnia and are tired all the time looking at your sleep schedule and habits would be helpful. Also stress, diet and exercise play a role in sleep. See my profile for more info on sleep consultations.

Answered 8/12/2016

1.1k views