what to know before using ursofalk (ursodeoxycholic acid) to treat gallstones?

Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 45 years experience
Oral dissolution: for gallstones is not very successful in general. This medication is only effective for gallstones with specific composition and size. It can cause liver damage. It also takes a long time for stones to dissolve. And they can re-form even after complete dissolution. For these reasons, preferred treatment for symptomatic gallstones is surgical cholecystectomy.
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
General Surgery 39 years experience
Does not work for calcified gallstones and is not indicated for stones larger than 2 cm
Aug 17, 2014