U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 48-year-old member asked:

Were can i get ursodeoxycholic acid to flush out gallstones?

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Barry Rosen
General Surgery 35 years experience
Any pharmacy: Ursodiol is a prescription medication available through any pharmacy. However, i would caution its use for treating gallbladder disease. It doesn't "flush" stones--it can dissolve small gallstones, but the stones will only return soon after the medicine is stopped. Gallbladder removal--cholecystectomy--remains the gold standard for treating gallbladder disease.

Related questions

A 19-year-old female asked:
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 30-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 45-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 41-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 44-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Last updated May 6, 2013
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.