FL

I have veins near my iris on the white part of my eyes. they go away and comeback isthis a sign of my retina detaching. ihad tears lasered a while ago?

Pathology 51 years experience
No: Veins on the white of the eye are not related to retinal lesions. However, since you had retinal tears treated, you should get regular checkups so that any lesions that my be likely to tear could be treated prophylactically.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Haider Goussous
Addiction Medicine 65 years experience
Not a sign: I am sure you are due for a check up with your eye doctor, do not ignore it.
Dr. James Burns
Emergency Medicine 39 years experience
You are: Describing two different parts of the eye, the subconjunctival vessels ('white part') and the retina, the back of your eye. They aren't necessarily associated. If you are concerned then check with your ophthalmologist.
Last updated Apr 8, 2016