i had a laser surgery for a tear in my retina. they put gas bubbles in my eye to keep it steady, 4 weeks later i still cannot see ? help me please?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Richard Bensinger
51 years experience Ophthalmology
No: The bubble was emplaced to push the retina back in its proper position. The vision recovery depends mostly on the type and degree of detachment. If it is air, then your eye will absorb it. If it is a silicone based gas, then it will need removal at some time after the retina is stabilized. Discuss this with your retinal surgeon.
Answered on Jul 4, 2017
Dr. Jay Bradley
17 years experience LASIK Surgery
Retinal tear: Depending on what type of gas was used, the bubble may still be blocking vision. You should be able to see the bubble moving in your vision. If the bubble has resolved and you still can not see, you should go see a retina specialist for evaluation.
Answered on Mar 26, 2013