I had a laser surgery for a tear in my retina. they put gas bubbles in my eye to keep it steady, 4 weeks later i still cannot see ? help me please?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 54 years experience
No: The bubble was emplaced to push the retina back in its proper position. The vision recovery depends mostly on the type and degree of detachment. If it is air, then your eye will absorb it. If it is a silicone based gas, then it will need removal at some time after the retina is stabilized. Discuss this with your retinal surgeon.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jay Bradley
Cornea, Cataract, & Refractive (LASIK & PRK) Surgery 20 years experience
Retinal tear: Depending on what type of gas was used, the bubble may still be blocking vision. You should be able to see the bubble moving in your vision. If the bubble has resolved and you still can not see, you should go see a retina specialist for evaluation.
Last updated Jan 17, 2021