U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old male asked:

Is there any possible way to correct/straighten the postural kyphosis by exercises after the age of 20 ?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Marc Tressler
Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
Depends on cause: If it is pure postural kyphosis with no wedging of any of the spinal (vertebrae) segments, then core strengthening an postural retraining should correct the problem.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 1, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.