Puerto Rico
A 54-year-old male asked about a 93-year-old male:

my father was using plavix (clopidogrel). a doctor recommended use aspirin. what type of aspirin (brand, miligrams) do you recommend. he is a 94 years old patient.

Dr. Kenneth Weston
81mg Aspirin: One has to make a few assumptions to your question: 1.) your father does not have any ulcer issues 2.) your father does not have any other bleeding disorders 3.) the reason Plavix (clopidogrel) was stopped was due to length time he was on it. 4.) he is not on other blood thinner 5.)he was treated for heart disease......These in mind a enteric coated 81mg aspirin. His doctor should guide. Brand doesn't matter.
Dr. Milton Mintz
There must have been: A good reason for adding asa to 94 year old person. Dose should be child sized (88mg).