China

My phy exam urine ph is 8.5.my diet is largely vegetarian other than one egg, yogurt, some fish/1-1.5 oz/day of meat. do i need to take any measure?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine 41 years experience
NO: While that ph is a bit more alkaline (higher) than normal it's likely not a sign of any problem. A diet rich in fruits ; vegetables can result in an alkaline ph ; many nutritionists feel this is healthy. Like all tests, this just measures one moment in a constantly-changing continuum- if you measure it other times you will see that it is variable. If there are no other abnormalities don't worry.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Kalyani Perumal
Nephrology and Dialysis 30 years experience
Normal: Urine ph ranges from 4.5--8.High urine ph indicates that urine is alkaline, which is normal with the intake of vegetables, dairy ad citrus fruits. It can indicate abnormal renal function when the creatinine in the blood is above normal. High urine ph can indicate urinary tract infection if burning urination is present.
Last updated Jan 13, 2018