NY

I still had uti pain and went to the er because bactrim didn't work. they switched to cipro (ciprofloxacin) because it helped me before and it's helping me now. ?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Urine culture: Cipro (ciprofloxacin) should clear up most uti's. If symptoms persist, a urinalysis with microscopic exam and a urine culture and sensitivity should be done to see if there is a UTI and what bacteria is causing it. If there still is a bacterial infection present the study will show what antibiotic should be prescribed.. A followup culture should be done after treatment to make sure the infection was cleared.

Last updated Jun 24, 2014