Houma, LA

would a rhinoplasty completely change my appearance? would i still be recognizable on like my passport?

Dr. David Martin
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 28 years experience
Rhinoplasty: While nasal surgery can have a dramatic effect on your appearance, you would still be recognizable. If it is something that you are interested in, i would have you talk to a facial plastic surgeon.
Dr. Anthony Sclafani
Facial Plastic Surgery 32 years experience
Generally, yes: This depends on the goals of surgery. However, modern trends in rhinoplasty have been towards a natural appearance in which the nose matches the face, rather than radically altering appearance. Consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon for more information.
Dr. David Sherris
Facial Plastic Surgery 33 years experience
Subtle: Changes with rhinoplasty are usually subtle but noticeable on a before and after. See www.Drsherris.Com for examples of before and afters.
Dr. Otto Placik
Plastic Surgery 34 years experience
Depends on extent: For the most part, you should remain identifiable, if that is what you want. It is rare for a nose job to radically change your appearance to the point that friends will not recognize you.