What particular type of nose job is required for correcting excessively wide nostrils? I am a 35-year-old female and my physical appearance is quite important for my career progress. I would like to have a nose job to correct wide nostrils. I am otherwise

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
20 years experience in Facial Plastic Surgery
Wide : Wide nostrils can be improved using techniques to remove tissue from the alar bases. A wedge excision is one common way to do this. Some patients also benefit from the removal of some tissue from the floor of the nostril area as well. It is possible (though not required) to have this type of limited surgery done in the office with an injection of numbing medicine. Sometimes other nasal tip modifications (improve the projection for example) are also indicated to help create a narrower looking nose. You can check out my link below for more information about nostril narrowing.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016