How long after an extraction until you don't have to worry about dry socket?

Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 38 years experience
More than 2 weeks: Dry socket typically happens about a week or 10 days after an extraction and you would have severe pain.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 38 years experience
Ten days: Dry sockets do not form ten days post op. If you think you have this condition, contact your dentist immediately for proper treatment.
Dr. Justin Nelson
Pediatric Dentistry 18 years experience
Depends: Average is 10 days but it all depends on the treatment done, the skill of the dentist/Oral surgeon & you overall health. I see people with most issues within the 4-5 day more and then a total separate group around the 25-30day mark (usually about 5% of patients experiences issue after treatment in my experience). So it varies but just keep it clean and most people are out of the woods in 10 days