U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Dallas, TX
A 29-year-old female asked:

is there a blood test to see if you have ever been exposed to gonorrhea in the past? i don't have it now but had ectopic pregnancy and don't know why!

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Hospital-based practice 21 years experience
IgM antibody test.: There is an (expensive) test performed by a few laboratories that looks for the long-term antibody (called IgG) to specific parts of the gonorrhea bacteria (Neisseria gonorrhoeae). It might be something that helps you out, but you'll have to look it up, talk to your Gynecologist, have it ordered, & find the lab that can do the test. There may be other paths, so talking to Gyn is a good start. GL!
Dr. Cornelius Oleary
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
PID and Ectopic Preg: Studies show IgM antibodies are elevated after a recent infection and IgG antibodies are present as memory antibodies and suggest distant infection. Ectopic pregnancy is caused when the ovum or egg cannot navigate the Fallopian tube quickly and risk factors are smoking , multiple sexual partners, maternal age, pelvic inflammatory disease, progesterone only IUD or pills, history of past ectopic.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with

Similar questions

A 42-year-old member asked:

Would mitral regurgitation cuase someone to have a decreased red blood count, and would a blood transfusion help the case?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Brian Mott
Thoracic Surgery 29 years experience
It could: Severe mr with turbulent flow can cause hemolysis of rbcs. Although a transfusion will top you off it won't solve the underlying problem.
Boscobel, WI
A 39-year-old female asked:

My boyfriend & I are trying to get pregnant. I'm on Zoloft (sertraline) & my doc is having me get off it slowly; 1 pill every other day for a month & then 1 pill every 3rd day until gone. Does this sound reasonable?

3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Joan Kinlan
Psychiatry 52 years experience
Yes, it's great.: It's best to taper off the zoloft (sertraline) and your doctor has an excellent plan.
Springfield, MO
A 18-year-old female asked:

I had a blister on my toe but the skin broke and now there is just a piece of skin hanging there and it hurts. What do I do? When will it heal?

4 doctor answers10 doctors weighed in
Dr. Brandon Macy
Podiatry 41 years experience
The loose skin : Should be trimmed away, the blister cleaned, then dressed with an antibiotic ointment and then covered with a band aid. It will take a few days, but the soreness will gradually decrease as the skin under the blister dries out and toughens up.
A 34-year-old male asked:

I m 34, male. Since last 2 yrs I m suffering from asthama.I never had this problem in my life. But now its very difficult to breathe.?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 33 years experience
Doctor can evaluate: For new onset of asthma symptoms in an adult, he can see and follow-up with his primary care doctor. If symptoms are difficult to get rid of, or are unusual, the patient can see an allergy & asthma specialist, and/or see a pulmonologist (lung doctor). Pulmonary function tests and allergy tests can be helpful when looking for the best treatments. For bad symptoms, the E.R. Is the place to go to.
A 27-year-old member asked:

I got epidydmo orchitis and took antibiotics for almost one month. But pain still there. Blood tests and ultrsound and urinetest are good.?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Pediatrics 50 years experience
Still healing?: If the epididymitis was cleared by the antibiotic, the symptoms should have remitted by now. Possibly there is residual cord inflammation leading to persistent pain. You didn't mention if the physical exam was normal or not. Please see your doctor for an actual examination again, or consult a urologist to see what's going on.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
Last updated May 3, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.