U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old female asked:

We have been trying for a baby with my fiance for over a year. i had an ectopic pregnancy 8 years ago, we went to see a gynaecologist who confirmed that i was fine, did a pap smear and blood test. she put me on fertility pills, what could be the prob?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 35 years experience
Ask fertility doctor: Reproduction takes two people, and hopefully we will never technologically advance to the point of only needing one person (as that would be unnatural). So, if happily married and having sex 1-2 times a day during the fertile days near midcycle for 9 months and still no pregnancy, look for a Reproductive Endocrinologist or Fertility Specialist to diagnose any issues in EACH person, and solve them.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 48 years experience
Some basics: I assume one Fallopian tube was removed with the ectopic. Unless the Gyn tested to assure the remaining tube is open & healthy you may have a structural problem there. I would consult a fertility center where both you & your fiance can be assessed. They can either find a problem & treat or advise you in ways to bypass any issue.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 18, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.