U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Elkhart, IN
A 33-year-old female asked:

I've got bpd. and bipolar 1, and ptsd, and body dysmorphic disorder. on lithium, but i'm a mess. paranoid, i need help. sexual abuse from 5-11 yrs ?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Douglas Bey
Psychiatry 58 years experience
Therapy ; meds: Sounds like you need therapy with someone who works with bpd ; also someone following your meds with your background you likely have trust ; control issues. ; expect negative outcomes--need to try to keep these from getting in the way of your treatment helps to have friends and or family you trust who can give you ferdback.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Judith Tellerman
Clinical Psychology 43 years experience
PTSD: It is hard to reveal sexual abuse to your Dr. for help with PTSD & BPD - consult with a Clinical Psychologist for psychotherapy to help you with ZOOM sessions, a Psychiatrist for medication & a PCP for a physical exam to rule out illness. Your fears and anxiety could be heightened because of the Covid-19 pandemic. Stay safe, cautious & hold on to hopefulness to elevate your immune system.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 11, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.