FL

is it necessary for composite resin to cover the whole front tooth surface when it is used to fill in gaps where the front teeth meet the gumline?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Interproximal gaps: While it is not necessary to cover the entire surface of front teeth when closing the gingival interproximal spaces, it is often done for three very important reasons. First, in order to gain more bonding strength. Second, to harmonize better tooth contours & third to have the bonding blend in with the rest of the tooth so as to make it practically 'invisible'. More critical with larger spaces.
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 36 years experience
This ensures that the bonding will,look as natural as possible.
Sep 21, 2013
Dr. Alvaro Lazo
Dentistry 24 years experience
Composite: Not necessarily but doimg so would help to have a camouflage effect.