U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 47-year-old member asked:

Okay to split ambien (zolpidem) cr?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Donald Jacobson
A Verified Doctoranswered
41 years experience
No: It turns it into immediate release ambien (zolpidem). If your doc wants you on regular ambien (zolpidem), have it prescribed at standard doses.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
Psychiatry 33 years experience
Ambien-CR: Not advised to split any slow release medication.
Last updated Feb 12, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.