U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

10 mg ambien (zolpidem) no longer works for me and my insurance no longer covers cr dose. what should i expect if i approach my doc about this? 2 yrs on ambien (zolpidem)

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Psychiatry 57 years experience
Insomnia, Ambien (zolpidem): I understand your need to have good sleep. After using Ambien (zolpidem) for 2 years, you have developed Tolerance, so it is not effective any more. Ambien (zolpidem) CR will not be effective either. Insomnia is a symptom of effects of stress in your life for which Therapy, Breathing and Music Relaxation, Yoga, Meditation are beneficial. See Psychiatrist for Therapy, discuss anti-anxiety medications and follow through
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 17, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.