Sugar Land, TX

dentist rx'd me peridex (chlorhexidine gluconate) to rinse the weird taste in my mouth away post wisdom tooth extraction. do i need to water this stuff down before rinsing?

Dr. Kathryn Akin
Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics 37 years experience
No: Despite it's medicinal smell and taste, it is to be used as is. It can be very helpful in keeping the area clean after an oral surgery procedure like yours.
Dr. Joel Doyon
Cosmetic Dentistry 36 years experience
No: No because Peridex (chlorhexidine gluconate) is also an antibacterial rinse and you want it to kill the bacteria in your mouth.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Don't: Peridex (chlorhexidine gluconate) is an antibiotic rinse. If you dilute it you dilute it's effectiveness. Use exactly as directed.
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dentistry 45 years experience
No: Dosage and strength are predetermined as what is best to be effective.