U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
District Heights, MD
A 19-year-old female asked:

My son has a fever and doesn't want to eat or drink anything what can you suggest i give him?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Mark Diamond
Pediatrics 48 years experience
Fluids: Try a fever reducer/pain medication such as acetominophen or ibuprofen.Then oferr cold fluids which may sooth a sore throat.Try popsicles with electrolytes such as pedialyte.And talk to your doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 27, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.