U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 29-year-old male asked:

My son is 3 years old he is crying of cramps and also has n runny tummy .he gets a fever and vomits he does not want to eat or drink we have tryed smecta and tecstan do we need to see a dr or take him to causultys?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 48 years experience
Ice chips: If he can retain enough to pee every 6 hrs you can monitor this for a while. Ice chips, sweetened cola in smal,l sips over ice chips, chilled apple sauce also sometimes help them retain fluids. If he really spooks you take him in, but this may pass in hours & he may take more as he improves.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 30, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.