OH

I have a purple spot onmy big toe. it itched badly the first day but hasn't since. it is not painful. i'm also diabetic.

Dr. Grace Torres-hodges
Podiatry 24 years experience
Go to podiatrist: As a diabetic, any new lesion that develops on your foot whether it is painful or not should be evaluated.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
39 years experience
Diabetic: I tell all my diabetic patients no matter how minor you may think it is always get it checked because its possible to lead to something much more serious.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry 23 years experience
Many possible causes: There are many things that could cause the skin to itch. Several types of inflammatory conditions of the skin, allergic reactions, and sometimes bacterial, viral or fungal infections can cause rashes on the skin. Insect bites can also be the cause of a rash on the skin. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment.
Last updated Feb 5, 2016