i think i got stung by a wasp and now on top of my foot where my big toe is and on my big toe it is a red purple color and itches what does that mean? how to treat it?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Sting: The discoloration signifies that some mild bleeding occurred under the skin. Keep the area clean and apply cortisone type ointment to relieve itching. Pad the area with gauze and paper tape to protect it from friction and pressure. If redness develops, apply an antibacterial ointment. If increasing pain, increase in redness or swelling, get examined to determine whether oral antibiotics are advisa
Answered on Aug 2, 2020