United Kingdom (Great Britain)

post menopause bleeding. d&c clear, tvu show hyperplasia(6mm). pap smear clear. sometimes pelvic pain & bloating. 1.3cm ovarian cyst.ovarian cancer?

Dr. M. Taslimi
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Need work up: You had ultrasound and d&c; the uterus should be clear. Bloating and pain is probably unrelated to your gynecology issues.The ovarian cyst however, is worth a follow up by ultrasound and blood test.
Dr. Jane Van Dis
Unlikely: A transvaginal ultrasound can be suggestive of hyperplasia, but hyperplasia is a diagnosis that is made based on a biopsy or D&C of uterine tissue and then looking at that tissue under a microscope. You said your D&C was clear. A 1.3 cm ovarian cyst is very likely not ovarian cancer. Having said that, you'll want to follow your doctor's guidelines for follow of the cyst.