U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 38-year-old female asked:

I'm a38y/o woman.i have question of agynecologist for lyomyomatosis uterus.i have 2time lyomyomectomy but, ihave myoma&i, m simgle.do you know treatment?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Jane Van Dis
Obstetrics and Gynecology 19 years experience
Surgery or drugs: For women with leiomyomas (fibroids) there are a few treatment options. 1) surgery to remove fibroids; 2) medication to shrink fibroids (depot lupron); 3) uterine artery emobolization (a radiology procedure to starve fibroid of blood supply); and 4) expectant management or do nothing. If you are having pain or desire conception, see a doctor for more specific advice re management.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 21, 2013
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.