A 23-year-old female asked about a 35-year-old female:

I need to lose 30 pounds and also want breast implants out, is it better to get them out now or wait till i lose the 30 pounds?

Dr. Thomas Fiala
Plastic Surgery 34 years experience
As you lose weight -: ... Your breast volume will decrease. Usually 1 cup size for about 20 pounds. My recommendation would be to lose your weight first, then see what you think of the breast size at that point. If they are still too big, then downsize to a smaller implant, or remove them.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Daniel Careaga
Plastic Surgery 19 years experience
Wait: It is always better to be at your ideal stable body weight before undergoing cosmetic surgery. Your breasts may change during your weight loss. For example, you may need a lift in addition to your augmentation.
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics 35 years experience
Lose weight first: The reason i suggest this is twofold: 1) your breasts may not be that big after losing that amount of weight and you may reconsider your desire to remove and... 2) you may experience sufficient ptosis (sag) to warrant a breast lift at the same time as your implant removal. Otherwise trying to predict your breast shape and size following that amount of weight loss is akin to predicting the weather!
Dr. Tom Pousti
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Weight Loss 1st: Always best to achieve a long-term stable weight prior to undergoing any type of body contouring surgery. Patients who lose 30 pounds may find that they benefit from breast lifting surgery, depending on exactly what their breasts look like after the weight loss. Best wishes.