MI

I have a keloid on the back of my ear where i had it pierced..is it possible to re pierce my ear through the keloid ? and would it be painful? thanks

Dr. Mohammed Parvez
No: It is not advisable to get another piercing at the site of keloid or other normal area as it will aggravate the problem further.
Dr. Daniel Careaga
Plastic Surgery 18 years experience
NO!!!!: If your body has already demonstrated you are a keloid former you should never pierce anything again!
Dr. Joseph Mele
Plastic Surgery 32 years experience
Not a good idea.: Some people form keloids and others don't. If you know you form keloids, it is best to avoid additional piercings as you are at greater risk for forming another keloid.

Last updated Dec 9, 2013