U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

Question about my keloids i have 2 keloids on my shoulder from surgery and i just got my ear pierced in a weird spot and i am getting a keyloid there and it hurts way bad i have title 19 from iowa and i don't know if it will cover it should i try and get

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Seward
Dermatology 23 years experience
Hard : Hard to tell the best option for you so i would see a dermatologist. It depends a bit on location and size as to whether injection or surgery would be a better option for you. Read about some treatment options for keloids at the link below. I hope that helps.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. John Walker
Plastic Surgery 27 years experience
Rx asap: Forget about trying to et other people to help you, help yourself! there are two inexpensive ways to prevent/treat earlobe keloids: the best is pressure ear-studs, and then silicone, where i prefer a sticker type, and prefer to combine the two. Failing this, you will need either steroid or bleomycin injections asap, or it will continue to grow. Do not let anyone try and cut it!will grow!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.