U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Bryans Road, MD
A 24-year-old male asked:

I got keloids removed surgically from my ear, can i get my ears re pierced? now my ears only keloid because i used someone elses earrings.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 34 years experience
Sounds like bad idea: That sounds like a bad idea. Some people are prone to keloids, probably genetically determined. The problem is that if a doctor cuts out one keloid, another usually forms. Steroids are usually tried such as an injection of triamcinolone into a keloid. Dermatologists with experience in keloids can help. Of course, humans are just perfect without any piercings or other artificial holes.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 25, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.