My dentist put crown but when i eat or touch my gum next to the crown the gum line of crown irritates and little hurts me why is that?

Dr. Benjamin Vela
14 years experience in Dentistry
Common concern: If this occurred within the past few days, try giving it about 2 weeks for gum tissue to resolve as it can be irritated during crown placement. Anything really beyond that you should consult with the same doctor first. It may be leftover cement, a poorly contoured crown, or you may have simply gotten something stuck in the gums. Usually these are simple solutions and just require a follow up.
Answered on Apr 2, 2016
2