U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old male asked:

My wife has an enlarged uterus.seeked several advices 4 of them said its fibroid n 1 said its adenomyosis.wondering what can i do to determine? tqvm.:)

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Alicia Thompson
Obstetrics and Gynecology 17 years experience
Ultrasound : Ultrasounds should be able to see fibroid. Adenomyosis cannot necessarily be seen on imaging. The only definitive way to get that diagnosis is from pathology from hysterectomy.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 6, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.