i broke four bones in my foot and a dislocationit was treated with surgery and plates and screws. will it be healed in six weeks enough to race my dir?

4 doctor answers
Dr. Arthur Heller
43 years experience Gastroenterology
Ask your orthopedist: Your surgeon just got up close and personal with your foot. Ask him/her to give you an estimate of when you are able to walk, run, race.
Answered on Feb 3, 2012
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
14 years experience Podiatry
Probably Not: While bones generally heal in 4-6 weeks time, it sounds like you sustained a fairly significant injury and there will be still healing of the soft tissues and strengthening of the bone. I would suggest also speaking with the surgeon who repaired your injuries for a more complete picture of healing time frame.
Answered on Sep 12, 2013
Dr. Thomas Inwood
35 years experience Podiatry
Fracture: Your best source of information is your surgeon - he / she has the x rays and knows you and your case best . Good luck.
Answered on Sep 12, 2013
Dr. Gabriel Goren
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
I do not think: So. Pay attention, this is your leg you will have to use it for a life time. Listen to the orthopedic surgeon. You will have to have physical therapy first. I believe it will take good three months until full recovery. Lucky ur young...
Answered on May 8, 2014
1