i have two screws in the navicular bone of my foot. i feel likethey are irritating my ankle bone or possibly my talus. i am 4 months post surgery. what should i do?

4 doctor answers
Dr. Mak Yousefpour
18 years experience Podiatry
Remove them: If the screws were placed to do a talo-navicular fusion or to fixate a fractured navicular, you need to follow up with the surgeon, have x-rays and if the bone has consolidated and healed, or the joint has fused, you can have the screws removed. This is done through small incisions and the recovery is not as long as the initial surgery.
Answered on Mar 26, 2013
Dr. Arnold Beresh
41 years experience Podiatry
See your Dr: You need an x-ray & exam to evaluate the problem.
Answered on Apr 1, 2019
Dr. Alan Ettinger
49 years experience Podiatry
Discuss this: With your surgeon.
Answered on Dec 10, 2013
Dr. Thomas Inwood
35 years experience Podiatry
Navicular: Always always always consult your surgeon for any concerns or problems. He/she would want to hear from you if you have concerns.
Answered on Dec 10, 2013