I broke both tibia ad fibula just above the ankle joint and dislocated my ankle. surgery three months ago fixed the bones with a plate and five screws in one and three screws in the other. i still cannot bear weight on the affected foot and when i try i g

8 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Jeffrey Sider answered

Specializes in Sports Medicine

May take longer: Obviously you sustained a severe injury to your ankle. Once the doctor confirms that the fracture is healed sufficiently you will be allowed and be able to weighbear on the ankle. Hopefully you are not getting a delayed or nonunion in the area.

Answered 1/2/2018

5.7k views

Dr. Arnold Beresh answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Talk to your doctor: This needs further evaluation. Talk to your doctor.

Answered 8/24/2012

5.7k views

Dr. Daniel Farber answered

Specializes in Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery

Healed?: I suspect if you still can't bear weight that the bones have not healed or have shifted in a way that causes pain. You need to see your orthopaedic surgeon for x-rays and an evaluation. Make sure they review your injury and the current state o healing with you.

Answered 1/2/2018

5.7k views