I twisted my arm moving furniture a week ago, had pain that got better and then worse under exertion. taking naproxen and applying diclofenac gel daily. still have wrist pain tingling in fingers resting my arms at home. is it normal?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Donald Colantino answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Presence of swelling,discoloration, severe tenderness would be the usual worrisome signs. A sprain of wrist is the likely diagnosis. Tingling of fingers & persistent pain after a week of resting the injury warrant an evaluation by a physician or orthopedic specialist at this time. Tingling of fingers suggests pressure/swelling in the wrist affecting nerves of fingers.. An X-Ray may be recommended.

Answered Sep 26, 2023

0 views