A member asked:

Macrobid nitrofurantoin i was prescribed but im allergic to it. where do i go back to send i message for the doctor to change my prescription? usually they give me azithromyzin?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

You have to call the office you have received your treatment through, if HealthTap paid urgent care call the help desk as another consult may be needed. Best would be to establish with primary care, either HealthTap or in person as continuity of care will be critical going forward.

Answered 4/12/2023


Dr. Hunter Handsfield answered

Specializes in Infectious Disease

Something doesn't compute. Nitrofurantoin is used only for UTI, not for any other infection; and azithromycin is uncommonly recommended for UTI. Contact the clinic or doctor who prescribed it. If this was through HealthTap's concierge service, discuss again with the doctor treating you.

Answered 4/15/2023



Related Questions