In january 2022 my liver enzymes were normal. they've progressively gone up and today ast was 75, alt was 230. i have lost 125 pounds in the past 2 years. i am vaccinated to hep. no tylenol or alcohol. no meds that metab in liver. any ideas?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Hiep Le answered

Specializes in Nephrology and Dialysis

What is the reason for that significant weight loss? There are other liver conditions which result in abnormal liver enzymes besides viral hepatitis, alcoholic liver disease or drug-induced hepatitis. I wonder if there is relationship between the weight loss last 2 years and current abnormal liver test. You should be evaluated by a gastroenterologist or a liver specialist.

Answered Jan 4, 2023

0 views