U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 52-year-old female asked:

I have a small red kinda bump on my hand up by the knuckle of my pointer finger with a white center it doesnt really hurt but is swollen around there and the swelling is to my middle knuckle two! not sure what i should do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 52 years experience
Without examining the skin of your hand, it is hard to tell what you have growing on your finger. You should note down the size and color of this lesion and take a photo(close up) of this lesion. Watch it over one month, then show it to a doctor , either your Primary care/family physician or go to a Dermatologist (skin specialist). Some sort of local treatment will be recommended by the doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 6, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.