what are possible causes of the redness, swelling and small blisters on the fingers of my left hand? the affected area is the end of the fingers.

Dr. Peter Duic
9 years experience Emergency Medicine
Possibly infection: More information is needed to determine the cause. What is the color of the fluid in the blisters, clear, colored ? Is it painful ? Redness and swelling are signs of infection and infections of the hand can spread rapidly. This can be a viral or bacterial infection, or possibly a contact dermatitis (irritation of the skin). However it is not something to wait and watch.
Answered on Aug 19, 2017
2