45 years, male. had my annual physical. urine analysis revealed 0-2 hpf rbc in the urine and had urine occult blood as small. the primary care doctor said its normal and not a concern. do i need to see a urologist for further investigation?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Hiep Le answered

Specializes in Nephrology and Dialysis

0-2 RBCs /hpf with microscopic exam is within normal limit and positive by dipstick test for small occult blood is commonly observed due to chemical reaction rather than due to true hematuria. I would not have it repeated unless this person has some urinary symptoms. Definitely, there is no need for a urology consultation but if you are too concerned, a repeat urinalysis can be done in 2 weeks.

Answered May 4, 2022

0 views