NC

Had some blood in my urine. went to urologist blood, wbc and rbc counts were high in my urine. went on cypro and had ct scan. the results from ct scan should no anomalies. 2nd blood test showed normal dr wants a cystoscopy feel its unnecessary???

Neurology 53 years experience
It is your choice whether to heed you doctor's advice, but urinary bleeding and infection in a male of your age, needs further evaluation. The cystoscopy recommendation is appropriate. Maybe a second opinion would provide more reassurance.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Le commented
Nephrology and Dialysis 43 years experience
If you want to defer cystoscopy you should ask for a urine test within the next 3 months. If blood is present again, you should have cystoscopy done.
May 26, 2021
Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Le commented
I wonder if the urine culture was positive.
May 26, 2021
Last updated May 26, 2021