Garwood, NJ

I recently starting taking advil and took my first lexapro pill for anxiety last night, over 12 hours ago. i have been using tylenol for headaches but it is not working well. can i safely take two advil? i heard lexapro can increase risk of bleeding?

Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 43 years experience
Two OTC Advil (200 mg x 2) is the average dose and you can safely take it for an acute headache as needed only with a full stomach when taking Lexapro. If you use Advil for headache too often side effects can happen, and one of them is called analgesic headache. If you have chronic headache, you should see a doctor or better a neurologist for a correct diagnosis and preventive treatment.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 23, 2022