Lake Oswego, OR

i tested positive for covid last week and today is the last day of my isolation period. however, ive had an extremely bad headache since yesterday. sharp stabbing pain on the left side of my head near my temple. takes my breath away when it happens. neither advil nor tylenol have seemed to work for it. what should i do? headache?

Pathology 49 years experience
Need to examine: If you can access your doctor by phone, it would be useful to consult with the doctor. If you have breathing difficulty, go to the nearest hospital emergency department. Do wear a mask and maintain social distancing. Wish you good health!
Neurology 52 years experience
Complications: We are seeing a number of post-COVID-19 lingering complications and headache is not uncommon. Some of these appear to match migraine variants, and may just exacerbate pre-existing migraine tendencies. Your best OTC prep might be naproxen sodium. If this persists, your doctor could consider a preventative.