FL

Mom fell on cruise ship had emergency surgery in panama city panama on sunday october 24 , 2021 had rod and screws put in femur, she is on blood thinners to prevent dvt, when can i fly her home to us? the doctors there are saying 3-4 weeks????

Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 58 years experience
Never listen to a health care professional who has never seen your mother and read her history and knows her. Listen to Drs there.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Donald Colantino
I certainly understand that your mom is eager to get home, but I agree with Dr. Grim that the surgeon knows exactly what was done & the current condition of her leg. Blood clots are a threat for several weeks after such surgery & even though she may be taking appropriate anticoagulant medication, there is the issue of a longish distance flight & whether she'll be able to sit comfortably and safely
Last updated Oct 26, 2021