I have pcos and i asked my doctor\surgeon to remove one of my ovaries due to large cysts coming back. they said if they remove the ovary i go into early menopause, this true?

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
The ovaries are the site of estrogen/progesterone production. These hormones regulate not only your menstrual cycle, but also fertility and pregnancy. Removal of one or both ovaries is not advisable for persons of child bearing age, because it will decrease the amount of hormones produced and cause menopause symptoms, infertility or inability to carry a pregnancy to term.

Last updated Jul 23, 2021