TX

I had tavr surgery in sept. of 2015. dr. put me on metoprolol tartrate & .81 asprin. now take 1 asprin every other day. should i have bleeding under the skin from every little scratch? i am also having shortness of breath when walking outside?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Your symptoms indicate that you are overdue for a reevaluation by your Cardiologist. Please make an appointment now.
Dr. Ramalingaier Parameswaran
Specializes in Cardiology
You are asking two different questions. Aspirin can cause bleeding but it is unclear what you mean by "every little scratch". If you are on aspirin every other day, it is possible that your doctor suspected "sensitivity" to aspirin. Shortness of breath on walking is abnormal and needs to be investigated further. Please see your cardiologist or surgeon for evaluation. It is important. Good luck.

Last updated Jun 20, 2021